All of the quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) for GovRates projects is performed under the supervision of a Certified Management Consultant (CMC) and Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM).
The CMC certification is awarded by the Institute of Management Consultants to select consultants (only 10,000 worldwide) who have met global standards for competence, ethics, and results, and is recognized by the insurance industry as reducing risk. A CMC has demonstrated:
- A history of results and excellent performance based on client testimonials, references, and repeat business.
- Adherence to the highest ethical standards of the profession.
The CGFM is a professional certification awarded by the Association of Government Accountants (AGA) to recognize the unique skills and special knowledge required of today’s government financial managers. It covers governmental accounting, auditing, financial reporting, internal controls and budgeting at the federal, state and local levels. To earn the CGFM, individuals must:
- Pass three comprehensive CGFM examinations.
- Have at least two years of professional-level experience in government financial management.
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Agree to abide by AGA’s Code of Ethics.